When it comes to designing and building websites, the “design” and the “build” are actually the easy parts.
As you’re starting a new website project, it’s vital for you to understand the importance of developing the right website strategy before anything is designed or built. This strategy process includes key planning exercises that, if skipped, could really jeopardize the effectiveness of your website. If you’ve been tasked with managing the development of a new website or are just trying to improve conversions for an existing site, our proven process is designed to significantly increase the productivity of your website, no matter what your end goal may be.
Website Strategy Components
Here are a few things that we cover in our website strategy engagements and workshops:
- Current website analytics data review
- Buyer profiling and key visitor tasks identification
- New website architecture development
- Content strategy integration
- Success metrics identification and conversion path mapping
- Identify and determine free vs. “gated” content
- Website wireframing and recommendations for design and content layout
- Search engine optimization & PPC strategy, landing page optimization
- Social media tools integration strategy.
- Recommendations for analytics setup (conversion tracking, custom reporting, etc.)
Don’t Forget the Documentation
After our website strategy engagements, you will be provided with a set of documents that provide a detailed roadmap for the design, content development and production of your website. We would be happy to help you execute your new website development project, but the thorough nature of our website strategy documentation will allow your internal staff or other development resources to take the reigns from there if needed.
Ready to talk strategy? Click on the button below or call 913-312-8729. Do it now.
For a more detailed explanation of our website strategy services, check out a recent article written by Brody for the Content Marketing Institute: “How to Structure Your Website Content to Get Better Conversions”.